This Fresh Strawberry Zucchini Salad might be a fun and maybe a somewhat surprising combination that will give your table a lift of freshness and decoration. Warmer weather calls for refreshing foods!
Healthy for you
If you are thinking of loosing some weight or just seeking a new idea to add to your diet – try this fresh Strawberry Zucchini salad for a start.
Strawberries are considered a healthy treat especially if you are able to get them organically grown. They contain anti-aging antioxidants and are therefor good for your skin, joints and your bloodvessels.
Both zucchini and strawberries are high in Potassium and very good sources of Dietary Fiber, Vitamin C and Manganese. Potassium and Manganese are minerals significant for our metabolism and chemical balance in the body it is therefor favourable to have some of this strawberry zucchini salad if you are looking to loose some weight.
Taste of summer
They come with this nice taste of summer that will give the zucchinis a facelift of dimensions in this salad- add some chili to it all and this salad will give you a spark as well as the table.
The strawberry zucchini salad is mainly done by making thin zucchini ribbons with a peeler, cheese slice or a mandolin. Then you whisk a refreshing dressing out of lemon juice, olive oil, finely chopped chili, some mint and basil.
Turn the zucchini ribbons in the dressing and load up the bowl with sweet strawberries.
This strawberry zucchini salad is a fresh, juicy and sweet-to- eat salad – that goes really well with grilled fish, seafood or chicken.
- 1 green Zucchini
- 250 grams Strawberries
- 4 tablesp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ lemon
- ½ red chili
- 2 tablespoon of mint, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoon of basil, coarsely chopped
- Flake salts
- Black pPepper
- Slice the Zucchini into thin ribbons with a mandolin, asparagus peeler or a cheese slice
- Rinse the strawberries and cut them in four pieces each
- Wisk up olive oil and lemon juice to form a creamy dressing
- Take seeds out of the chilli. Add finely chopped chilli, mint and basil. Salt and pepper to taste
- Turn the zucchini slices with half of the dressing and put them on a plate or in a bowl if you like
- Spread the strawberries on top and drip the rest of the dressing over. Add a little extra flaky salt and grinded pepper. Add some whole leafs of mint and basil on top – for a nice and healthy decoration